Difference between revisions of "2d3"
Revision as of 08:28, 5 January 2018
The name of the setup is derived from the way the setup can be generated, with the roll of two 3-sided dice.
|Mafia Roleblocker||Mafia Rolecop||Mafia Goon|
|1||Town Cop, Town Neapolitan||Town Cop, Town Tracker||Town Cop, Vanilla Townie|
|2||Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor||Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker||Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie|
|3||Town Doctor, Town Cop||Town Doctor, Town Neapolitan||Town Doctor, Town Tracker|
One row and column are selected at random to provide 2 town and 1 scum roles; the remaining slots are filled with 1 Mafia Goon and 5 Vanilla Townies.
In total, there are 9 possible setups:
- A1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, 5x Town Vanilla
- A2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, 5x Town Vanilla
- A3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker vs. Town Doctor, Town Cop, 5x Town Vanilla
- B1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Cop, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
- B2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
- B3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Rolecop vs. Town Doctor, Town Neapolitan, 5x Town Vanilla
- C1: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Cop, 6x Town Vanilla
- C2: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Jailkeeper, 6x Town Vanilla
- C3: Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon vs. Town Doctor, Town Tracker, 5x Town Vanilla
The Mafia Roleblocker or Rolecop are allowed to both submit the nightkill and perform his Roleblocker or Rolecop action. As a result, it is possible for a Tracker to see them visiting two targets on one night. In addition, the Roleblocker is stated to resolve before the Jailkeeper. This only matters in the case where the Roleblocker and Jailkeeper target one another, and even in this case only matters if the Roleblocker was also going to submit the kill (the end result being that the kill will not be jailed).
The Mafia team have day-and-night access to a private thread for chat (i.e. daytalk). This is a departure from previous Newbie setups, because an earlier trial run of Mafia day talk strongly suggests that having day-talk leads to fewer Newbie scum replace-outs and greater conversion of Newbie players to long-term mafiascum.net players and members. It was not implemented originally because the setup was not designed for it and scum winrates went through the roof, but as this setup is designed for it, this should not be an issue (in theory).