Team Mafia (2011)
The first Team Mafia event was run on May 15, 2011. Three out of the four games were won by mafia. The scoring resulted in an 8-way tie among 13 teams. Screaming Death Clan were announced as the winners on July 20, 2011 based on standout individual performances and, particularly, their teamwork.
The event was played by 13 4-player teams across 4 different games. It was not officially revealed which player was on which team until the results of the event were posted. It was up to individuals' discretion whether to reveal their teammates. Teams received a designated QuickTopic for all team communication during the event. Role PMs for the team were received prior to team members deciding which game they would participate in. Each team designated a captain to be in charge of communication with the Head Mod; the team captain was deemed the final decision maker in the event of any disagreements.
The moderators overseeing the event were:
- Zoraster - Head Mod and Game Mod of Pick Your Power
- The Fonz - Game Mod and Designer of Mini Normal
- TheButtonmen - Game Mod of White Flag
- dramonic - Game Mod and Designer of Mini Theme
Non-moderators that contributed to setup design were:
- Vi - Designer of Mini Theme
- Hoopla - Designer of Pick Your Power
- SpyreX - Designer of Pick Your Power
Scoring and Tiebreaks
1) Points were awarded for winning games. Winning White Flag earned 25 points. Winning any of the 3 other games earned a base score of 23 points. For those other 3 games, 2 extra points would be earned for town wins with 4 or more surviving town players and mafia wins with 2 or more surviving mafia players.
2) Points were deducted for various offenses. Teams requiring moderator assistance for finding replacement for a teammate incurred a loss of 2 points, whether by request or due to inactivity. Behavior-related modkills or force replacement would result in a loss of 10 points. Violations related to discussing ongoing games would be deducted 1 or 2 points. Additional penalties of up to 10 points could be incurred.
3) In the event of a tie at a score of 94 or higher, teams would be considered co-champions.
4) In the event of a tie at a score of 93 or lower, the four game moderators collectively would decide a winner "based on each individual’s performance and how well each team worked together."
|2||The Kliq||Debonair Danny DiPietro||Sotty7||VP Baltar||Zachrulez|
|5||Radioactive Sparkly Kittens||Lady Lambdadelta||DrippingGoofball||esuriospiritus||UncertainKitten|
|6||Screaming Death Clan||SpyreX||SocioPath||Fate||xRECKONERx|
|7||Punny Pony Party People||Faraday||hitogoroshi||Mina|
|8||The Mauve Avengers||GreyICE||InflatablePie||Fugitive||Katsuki|
|10||The Wolf Pack|| Regfan
|11||The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse||Super Smash Bros. Fan||Llamarble||animorpherv1|
|12||Failboat on a river of blood||Papa Zito||LlamaFluff||camn||populartajo|
|13||Team Fra Fra||quadz08||Cyberbob||singersigner|
|Name of Game||Type||Moderator||Winner|
|Team Mafia: Pick Your Power||Open - Pick Your Power||Zoraster||Mafia|
|Team Mafia: White Flag Mafia||Open - White Flag||TheButtonmen||Mafia|
|Team Mafia: Aggressive Mind Games||Closed - Normal||The Fonz||Mafia|
|Team Mafia: Psychic Mafia||Closed - Theme||dramonic||Town|
|Rank||Team Name||Pick Your Power||White Flag||Aggressive Mind Games||Psychic||W/L||Score|
|1||Screaming Death Clan||SpyreX||SocioPath||Fate||xRECKONERx||2-2||50|
|3||Punny Pony Party People||Faraday||hitogoroshi||Mina||2-2||50|
|4||Radioactive Sparkly Kittens||Lady Lambdadelta||DrippingGoofball||esuriospiritus||UncertainKitten||2-2||50|
|4||The Mauve Avengers||GreyICE||InflatablePie||Fugitive||Katsuki||2-2||50|
|4||The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse||animorpherv1
|4||Failboat on a river of blood||Papa Zito||LlamaFluff||camn||populartajo||2-2||50|
|9||The Kliq||Debonair Danny DiPietro||Sotty7||VP Baltar||Zachrulez||1-3||25|
|9||The Wolf Pack||Regfan
|12||Team Fra Fra||quadz08||singersigner