|Mathdino||Carboniferous (2013)||Permian (2014)||Triassic (2015)||Jurassic (2017/18)||Creationism (Mod)||Statistics|
Hey, I'm Mathdino.
- Known as an ultimate tryhard town player.
- Open Setup aficionado, trying to fix some setups in the MD.
- Obsessed with setup-breaking, setup-optimisation, and unnecessary calculations and programs in and out of mafia games.
- Amateur setup designer/reviewer. I made the setup Noir!
- Policy lyncher extraordinaire.
The Way of The Dinosaur
Articles I Wrote
On Self-Appraisal: A townplay article about evaluating your own strengths and weaknesses and using them in mafia games.
The best ways of catching scum, ranked:
- Logic/Setup-Breaking: People use these badly. Don't use these badly. Know when players are or aren't confirmed scum.
- Process of Elimination: I'm a townhunting player more than a scumhunting one. Locking most of the game as town makes games easy.
- Good Meta: Most meta is shit. Take most of it a grain of salt. I'm talking "I know a player over 10 games and I can tell their alignments apart" level meta.
- Motivation-reading: Analysis of trajectory and motivations behind a player's posts and actions goes a long way.
- Pro-town vs anti-town: Occam's Razor suggests that someone constantly acting anti-town (i.e. hard-defends scum, mislynches town) is just scum. This goes doubly if the player suffers from Burden of Proficiency.
- VCA/NKA: I wrote the wiki article for VCA. It's useful sometimes. And when in doubt, sheep the dead.
- Cold meta/Rough meta: Ever so often there are scumtells hidden in a player's scum ISOs from previous games. Some players are easy to meta, but most are hard.
- Tonereading/gutreading: People overestimate how often this works. A select few players can reliably gutread people they've never played with before. The vast majority, including me, can't.
I took the liberty of adding this for you Dino. Now get to work and spruce up your wiki! - Elsa/Jay