How to Not Mess Up as Town
While town's have been doing better apparently it's best to maintain vigilance when it comes to not making horrible mistakes.
1) It's not unheard of for scum to be able to both act and kill in the same night. Scum Roleblockers actually have this power given to them in newbie games if they're the last scum.
2) Share your thoughts on how the game is going. If you have a widely contested read, do not hold it back as you are just hurting town. Trying to go with the crowd is a common scumtell, so presenting a widely contested read will probably give you townpoints.
3) DO NOT point out softing willy-nilly. After making the original version of this tip, I noted a lot of casual references of PR softs and crumbs.
4) Barring cop-clears (maybe not even then if the game is not Normal), ANYONE can be scum.
4a) Speaking of cop clears, cop clears are not a two way street. DO NOT assume a cop claim is real because they have you as town.
5) No lynching IS an option. Do it 1) if you are in MYLO and do not believe you can catch the scum that day or 2) when you believe a deadline lynch is on town and the flip is not telling of others alignments. Information is not always worth the life of an innocent.
6) DROPPED NIGHT ACTIONS DO NOT ALWAYS MEAN MAFIA. Town can forget they have a night action or get sidetracked. This is kinda a mirror point to the first one.
7) Pay attention to setup info. This goes for both town and mafia. I've sometimes seen the same question asked several times.
BTW add points on mistakes you notice a lot if you feel it should be here. I'd like side contributors to leave names though for reference. I'll claim mine too to establish the trend. Unless you can't edit this in which case just PM me and I'll credit you. 1-6 are by Gamma Emerald.