Played some face-to-face mafia once upon a time, but current interest in the game was prompted by the Straight Dope Message Board
Joined Mafiascum mid July-ish of 2007.
As I no longer plan to play on Mafiascum, I am not going to update this wiki any more.
- None - probably not playing any more games on Mafiascum.
- Newbie 461 - Endgamed when the Doctor self-hammered (i.e. town loss).
- Newbie 420 - Citizen, lynched on Day 2 for town loss. First game on the forum, still learning the ropes and way too anxious to play in a smart way.
LOLCATS Mini Mafia
- All players must post either with cat macros or in LOLCAT-speak.
in ur base
killing ur doods
([scumbuddies], you are goons. Each Night, you may discuss strategy and send in the name of the player you wish to kill; the one sending the PM counts as the one making the kill. During the Day, you may not PM each other. You win when your numbers are in the majority, or nothing can prevent the same.)
(You are the Roleblocker. Each Night, you may send the name of a player to stop their Night action, if they have one. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.)
(You are the Cop. Each Night, you may send the name of a player to investigate. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.)
i iz teh kitteh
(You are a Vanilla
KittehTownie. You have no Night action. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
2 Goons, Mafia A
2 Goons, Mafia B
2 Goons, Mafia C
(Mafia become cross-kill immune if one of the goons die.)
1 Super Doctor, who has the option of:
a) Self-protection from all attacks (including the vigilante)
b) Protecting another from all attacks, including the vigilante (self becomes vulnerable)
c) Protecting another from a faction of the Doctor's choosing (self becomes 50% vulnerable)
1 Weak Doc (protects against Mafia A)
1 Weak Doc (protects against Mafia B)
1 Weak Doc (protects against Mafia C)
1 Vigilante (has the option of a Night Kill)
Rulings on Endgame Scenarios
- Mafia A/B/C - Three-way draw; Town loses. (This is applicable even if one Townsperson remains, regardless of role.)
- Mafia A/Mafia B/Town - If this is the scenario at Dusk, the game is resolved in the Night action (Town death = A/B draw, Mafia A death = Mafia B victory and vice versa). If this is the scenario at Dawn, A/B auto-draw; Town loses either way regardless of role.
- Mafia/Town/Town - Standard three-handed; Mafia auto-wins if Town lynched, regardless of role.
- The Killing parties were to submit their own methods of attack; while this meant that the town could not metagame the mod on who attacked whom, this also meant that the killing parties could accidentally reveal that they had too much information.
- The Weak Doctors, although their blocking power isn't completely useless, could also act as a group of confirmed Townies if they all claimed on Day One.
- If both members of a faction were targeted by their rivals, the "father" would have survived the Night.
- Any statement by a power role that truthfully implied he was anything but a Peasant would have been ruled a claim. However, fake claims would have been allowed. A Power Role wouldn't know that they lost their powers until the end of the day. Yes, I am a bastard.
- The current rulings on Endgame Scenarios favor scum and is a bit of bastard modding; I may or may not reconsider them.
- I may also tweak the win conditions and/or make the crosskill immunity one-shot.
You are Tsao Tsao (Tsao Pei). You and your son (father) ____________, a.k.a. Tsao Pei, form the Wei faction. You want to be a hero among the chaos and realize your ambitions. To accomplish this you may, once per Night, submit the name of a player to be killed. Should you become the only one left in your faction, you will be able to elude attacks from the other factions. You may also discuss strategy with your son at Night. During the Day, you may not post in the secret boards. You win when you are the last faction standing and you have a majority, or nothing can prevent the same.
You are Sun Jian (Sun Tse). You and your son (father) ____________, a.k.a. Sun Tse, form the Wu faction. You want to see how far you can take your family and have a rip-roaring good time. To accomplish this you may, once per Night, submit the name of a player to be killed. Should you become the only one left in your faction, you will be able to elude attacks from the other factions. You may also discuss strategy with your son at Night. During the Day, you may not post in the secret boards. You win when you are the last faction standing and you have a majority, or nothing can prevent the same.
You are Liu Bei (Liu Chan). You and your son (father) ____________, a.k.a. Liu Chan, form the Shu faction. You want to bring peace to the war-torn realm and reestablish a benevolent rule based on virtue. To accomplish this you may, once per Night, submit the name of a player to be killed. Should you become the only one left in your faction, you will be able to elude attacks from the other factions. You may also discuss strategy with your son at Night. During the Day, you may not post in the secret boards. You win when you are the last faction standing and you have a majority, or nothing can prevent the same.
You are Zuo Ci. You've studied the Way of the Peace from cover to cover, and are so in tune with the forces of nature that you can save the lives of those who have been harmed. However, should you reveal your identity, the mystical elements will take offense at your lack of humility and withdraw their support of you, transforming you into a useless Peasant.
Once per Night, you have the following choices:
- protect yourself from attacks from all sides (including an attack from the Vigilante),
- protect another player from attacks from all sides, leaving yourself completely vulnerable to attack, or
- protect another player from an attack from a faction of your choosing, leaving yourself somewhat vulnerable to attack (i.e. each attack on you has a 50% chance of succeeding).
You win when all three factions have been eliminated.
You are Zhang Jiao/Zhang Bao/Zhang Liang. You've studied the basics of medicine, enough to protect someone who has been targeted by the Wei/Shu/Wu faction. However, should you reveal your identity, the mystical elements will take offense at your lack of humility and withdraw their support of you, transforming you into a useless Peasant. Once per Night, you may submit a target for protection; you may, if you wish, protect yourself. You win when all three factions have been eliminated.
You are Mao Zedong. By the power of the Revolution, you've traveled back in time to destroy the Bourgeoisies oppressors and bring Enlightenment to the Proletariat. As such, each night you may submit the name of one player whom you want to Reeducate in the ways of the Great Father Marx. However, you must not reveal yourself or the time-space continuum will generate a paradox, transforming you into a useless Peasant. You win when all three factions have been eliminated.You are Wang the Peasant. You don't really care who is in charge, because it doesn't make much of a difference for you, but times are getting desperate, and since democracy hasn't quite been invented in your neighborhood yet, you're ready to riot. As such, during the Day you may discuss who to kill and make your choice known by voting. Being a hardworking Peasant, you go straight to sleep at Night and take no actions. You win when all three factions have been eliminated.
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms - Finished, Dawn of Day Six, when the last Vanilla was lynched and the Wei and Shu Mafia tied for a draw.
- This game almost got broken on two occasions: a player in this game was modding another game, and used this to meta-game one of the other players; and I screwed up a Dawn post, accidentally listing one of the townies as scum (and the scum who killed that townie meta-gamed who one of the other scum were). Fortunately no harm was done.
- Deaths, in order:
- Dusk of Day One - Peasant
- Dawn of Day Two - 3 Peasants (each of the Mafia kill choices succeeded, and one Peasant was also targeted by the Vigilante)
- Dusk of Day Two - Peasant
- Dawn of Day Three - Sun Tse (Wu Mafia), killed by the Vigilante; Zhang Bao (Anti-Shu Doctor), killed by the Wei faction; Mao Zedong (Vigilante), killed by the Shu faction; Tsao Tsao (Wei Mafia), killed by the Wu faction
- Dust of Day Three - Zuo Ci (Super Doctor)
- Dawn of Day Four - Peasant, killed by the Wei faction; Liu Chan (Shu Mafia), killed by the Wu faction
- Dusk of Day Four - Peasant
- Dawn of Day Five - Zhang Liang (Anti-Wu Mafia), killed by the Wu faction
- Dusk of Day Five - Sun Jian (Wu Mafia)
- Dawn of Day Six - Peasant, killed by the Wei faction
- Dusk of Day Six - Peasant
- Dawn of Day Seven - Zhang Jiao (Anti-Wei Weak Doctor), killed by the Shu faction
- LOLCATS Mini Mafia - Finished, Dusk of Day 5; Town Victory.
- First official attempt at modding; in retrospect, I should have deadlined the game from the beginning, because I ended up modkilling two of the players for inactivity.
- Deaths, in order: Vanilla (Day 1 modkill), Cop (Night 1 mafia kill), Goon (Day 2 lynch), 2 Vanilla (Night 2 mafia kill + modkill), Goon (Day 3 lynch), Vanilla (Day 4 lynch), Goon (Day 5 lynch).
- Three Handed Mafia (Open Speed Game, 2 Vanilla 1 Scum)
- Played once as Town, endgamed when the other two players voted for each other and I chose wrong
- So far I've modded twice: "Attack of the Clones" and "Survival: Andes Edition"
Off-Site Playing Record
- Mafia: The Mob is Recruiting (Semi-Open Cult Game, Day start) - Cult can choose to recruit or kill, and a recruited power role retains their abilities if the Cult decides to use a one-time ability and the recruitment succeeds.
- Blade Runner (Closed Theme Game, Day Start) - Finished, Dusk of Day 9; survived and won with the Replicants (i.e. Mafia) when the confirmed Mason voted to lynch the remaining Vanilla.
- Final role: Nexus-9 - Variant Godfather: would investigate as Innocent until activated, in exchange for not knowing who my fellow Mafiates were before then. Once activated, would be guaranteed to succeed at Night Kills. Also had a one-shot investigation ability that would either discover the rolename of a player (if Town) or cause activation (if Scum).
- Mafia: The Conspiracy (Semi-Open No Vanilla Game, Day Start, Delayed Reveal) - Finished, Dusk of Day 7; survived and won with the Town when we lynched the Necromancer and the remaining Wolves conceded the game.
- Replaced in on Day 3 for MadtheSwine
- Claimed Vicar on Day 5
- Final role: Franciscan Vicar - Each Day, I can choose to bless a currently dead player or the Day's lynch victim; a blessed Corpse will not be converted to a Zombie by the Necromancer, nor would they be cursed by Wolves or the Vampire, but my blessing fails if my target was also blessed by the Witchdoctor.
- Firefly (Closed Theme Game, Cop Head Start) - Finished, Dusk of Day Seven; survived and won with the Town.
- Citizen, subbed in for zuma Day 1, lynched Day 1 "for information" because my name claim, Ramiro, apparently did not exist in the Firefly universe and enough people found me scummy to test said claim. Suckiest way to go ever.
- Jubal Early, Limited Rolename Investigator, subbed in for CaerieD Night 1, lynched Day 5 because people were not satisfied with my rolename when I was trying to reveal information to the town without giving too much away to the scum. Yeah. Death by irony again, sigh.
- Replaced in again on Day 6 for MadtheSwine as a Mason (final role).
- Asylum Lane (Open Game, Day Start) - Citizen, lynched on Day 5 due to careless posting; fortunately, the rest of the town was able to find scum anyway and won the game.